Follow these steps if the basic installation process doesn’t work, if you are installing a beta version of Formidable Pro, or if you are updating to a newer version and the automatic update process isn’t working. You may need to repeat this process every time you update Formidable Pro if you have a permissions issue with your webhost.
- Visit the Pricing & Purchase page to purchase a license if you are a new user, then return to this page.
- Go to the Downloads page where you must log in with the username and password you created when you purchased Formidable Pro, then download the version of Formidable Pro you would like to install.
- If you have a previous version of Formidable installed, go to your WordPress Plugins page and deactivate Formidable. Then select “Delete” or go to your web server (via FTP, SSH, SFTP, etc.) and delete the entire formidable folder. You will not lose any saved forms or entries when you delete Formidable.
Note: Do not click the “Uninstall” button on the Formidable “Global Settings” page unless you want to delete all of your saved data.
- Now, you have two options. You can upload Formidable Pro through your WordPress admin or through FTP.
To upload through WordPress:
- Go to “Plugins” → “Add New” in your WordPress admin.
- Instead of searching for a plugin, you can upload Formidable Pro by clicking “Upload”.
- Click the “Browse” button to find the Formidable zip file, and then click “Install Now”.
To upload through FTP:
- Unzip the Formidable file you downloaded in Step 2 and upload the folder to your WordPress Plugins directory.
- Activate the Formidable Plugin from the WordPress Plugins page.
- Go to “Formidable” → “Global Settings” and enter your username and password to activate your Pro features.
If you have any issues with the advanced installation process, please contact us using the Help Desk.