Create forms for Countries, States/Provinces, U.S. Counties, and U.S. Cities and populate them. After this data is imported, it can then be used in dependent “Data from Entries” fields. Watch the video on “Data from Entries” fields.
- Download latest version at http://formidablepro.com/formidable-add-on-downloads/
- In your WordPress admin, go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and click the “Upload” link at the top of the page.
- Click the “Browse” button and select the zip file you just downloaded.
- Go the the “Plugins” page, find “Formidable Locations” and click “Activate”.
- Go to the Formidable Settings page. A red bar will also appear at the top of the page with the message “Your Formidable U.S. Locations forms need to be updated. Import Now”. Clicking the “Import Now” link will also take you to the Formidable Settings page.
- On the Settings page, a yellow box will appear with the same message. Click the “Import Now” button.
Four forms will be automatically created and the locations will be imported 250 at a time. A count down will appear in the yellow box. If you don’t want to import the U.S. counties and cities, you can stop importing when the number gets down to 55,000. To avoid duplicate entries, only leave the settings page when you see “If your browser doesn’t start loading the next set automatically, click this button” in the yellow box.
Using the imported data
- After you have imported all the locations you would like, go to the form you would like to display these locations.
- Add a “Data from Entries” field to your form.
- In the “Field Options” for this field, select one of the four forms in the “Import Data from:” drop-down. For a country list, select the “Countries” form, and then the “Country” field.
- If you would like to add State/City or State/County/City dependent drop-downs, see the video on the Data from Entries page for more detailed instructions.