Export your Form
If you have forms you would like to use on another site using Formidable Pro, you can export them with all the corresponding fields.
- Go to “Formidable” → “Forms”.
Import your Form
You should now have a PHP file that contains all the field and form info you need (your data is not included). The name of the file will become the field key for your form. Make sure it is not the same as any of the forms already on your site or you’ll have issues. Now go to the site you would like to import your form to.
- First, you will need to decide where you would like to place your custom templates. It would be best if it is not inside the Formidable plugin folder if you don’t want it to get deleted when you update. I have created a new folder inside of my wp-content folder and called it “templates”, but you can add this folder wherever you would like and give it any title. You will need to do this from your FTP client.
- After your folder is created, drop your exported template file in.
- Return to your WordPress admin, and go to “Formidable” → “Global Settings”.
- Specify the absolute path to the folder you created on the “Path to Extra Templates” line. Unless you know otherwise, the absolute path you insert should ONLY differ from the example at the very end of the path. In the screenshot, everything is the same up to /wp-content.
- Click “Update”.
- You will now see a link to “Update Imported Templates Now” right next to the “Path to Extra Templates”. Click this link.
- You can go to the templates page to make sure the new template
appears in the “Custom Templates” section or just create a new form.