I have a Formidable Pro form that subscribes users to mailchimp and registers their details as a WordPress user.
I am using your most recent Mailchimp and Registration addons.
Consider the following use case scenario:-
- A user signs up. All good. That user appears in Mailchimp and in WordPress
- The user unsubscribes from Mailchimp at a later date
- The user decides they want to resubscribe hence returns to the form to subscribe again
- The form displays a ‘user is already registered’ message – since the user still exists within the WordPress system, the user cannot renew their Mailchimp subscription
We use our signup form for a double purpose – the user can subscribe to our mailing list, plus at the same time the user gets the added bonus of special access to additional features in the site, hence the two processes are required together in the same form.
It looks like the ‘user already registered’ message displayed is the error string being returned by WordPress itself. You process the ‘Registration’ addon first, then the Mailchimp addon.
Hence what is needed is two things:
- if the user is found to already exist in the WordPress system, process the Mailchimp subscription anyway
- display a custom error message (not the default WP Registration error message). That way we can alert that they are successfully subscribed, and point out their existing details have been found in the site and they can be directed to the WP password reminder form.
How can we have the subscriber still added to Mailchimp if the user email is found to already exist in wordpress?
And how could I hook into the error during the Registration process? Your Registration addon doesn’t provide custom error strings if an error occurs. Is there any way to allow for this eg. via an action hook?
Many thanks in advance,