This release primarily consists of enhancements to existing features.
Several plugin conflicts eliminated
Several popular plugins were causing multiple submissions and email notifications. We have reworked the way forms are processed to prevent these types of conflicts from occurring. This also speeds up redirection after form submission, and removes the intermediate page before redirection. Important!:This change affects the redirection in the PayPal and Registration add-ons. If you are using one of these add-ons, make sure you also update those to the latest versions so redirection will continue functioning properly.
BuddyPress was also automatically changing the sending email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. This interference with Formidable email notifications has been removed.
Simpler post creation and display
An extra text area has been added to the “Create Posts” settings tab for combining multiple fields for the post content. This automatically creates a custom display for automatic use with any single post pages created through that form.
The post creation settings also have the option to automatically create a form field for a taxonomy or post status. This prevents going back and forth between the settings and form builder pages when setting up post forms.
We have had multiple requests for a way to insert existing posts into forms. A small meta box has been added to posts that do not have a matching form entry, allowing for entry creation with one click. All forms that are set up to create the post type you are viewing will be listed in the box.
Many of our users are working with Formidable on client sites. There have been concerns raised that clients can easily access the pro account username on the settings page. The entire credentials form is now hidden when pro is active, and is blank when revealed. There is also a link to deauthorize a site for which you no longer want your pro account used.
By default, the uploads/formidable folder was indexable and browseable on most servers, just like the regular WordPress uploads folder. It is recommended to add an htaccess file if you would uploaded files kept very private and secure, but for those who don’t want the files completely blocked, an index.php file has been added to prevent file browsing.
- frm_used_dates hook to add or remove blocked out dates in unique datepicker fields
- frm_redirect_url hook to dynamically change the url before redirection
- frm_cookie_expiration hook to change the cookie expiration time
Other notable enhancements
- Allow field IDs as dynamic default values ie  in multi-paged forms. This makes it possible to create a summary in an HTML field or create a combination field in subsequent pages of the form.
- Limit the amount of time a cookie is valid, making it easier to limit entries to one per person per day and other similar configurations.
- Added basic csv import support for data from entries fields
- Allow for unlimited GET parameter setting in the custom display shortcode. [ display-frm-data id=2 whatever=value whatever2=value2]
- Switched phone field to HTML5 “tel” input type
- Allow searching by user login name on the admin entries pages when a user ID field is selected in the search form dropdown.
To update, visit the plugins page in your WordPress admin for automatic update or follow the manual installation instructions.